The following advice gives you some tried and tested tips for procedures that will assist you in ensuring that your hot tub remains in good condition:
On a Daily Basis
- Check and if you need to regulate the sanitizer level.
- Monitor the PH level of the water to ensure it is at a safe and appropriate level and if you need to make any changes using dealer prescribed chemicals.
- Check the water line with water cleaning paste and top up if required.
On a Weekly Basis
- Oxidize the hot tub with non-chlorine shock (do this weekly if you use the hot tub 2-3 times per week (more if you use it every day).
- Add no-foaming lotion to reduce the amount of foaming in your tub.
- Check the calcium hardness and add dealer prescribed chemical as required.
On a Monthly Basis
- Using a cartridge cleaner to clean out the filter cartridge (it must be cleared so that it will continue to operate effectively).
- Check the water balance by taking a water sample.
If you are not sure how to undertake any of the hot tub advice as suggested you should always seek advice from a reputable retailer.