Hot Tub Buyers Checklist
If your looking to buy a hot tub then please consider the points in the checklist below.
- Always ensure that the surface is level.
- If installing indoors, ensure structural strength of the floor as a hot tub filled with water weighs a considerable amount, concrete floors are fine.
- If installing indoors, ensure adequate ventilation to avoid condensation issues.
- If installing outdoors, ensure a suitable foundation, a concrete pad of 4 inches depth is usually sufficient.
- If installing outdoors, ensure a minimum distance of 5m from any power lines.
- Ensure sufficient access for servicing.
- Always ensure that the electrical supply meets both the manufacturers and the approved local code of electrical standard practice.
- Ensure that the electrical supply has the appropriate circuit breaker, RCD residual current device.
- Check the quality of shell of the hot tub
- Is it well designed for comfort
- Is there sufficient structural support
- Check the number, type and location of jets
- Check the maximum amount of jet pressure available, is the massaging intensity sufficient
- Check is the jets are straight-stream, oscillating or rotating jets
- Check if you can personalise the jets per seating position
- Ensure that its fully electronically controlled system by a leading name such as Balboa
- Ensure that its fully insulated
- Check the efficiency of the pumps, both the hydrotherapy jet pumps and the circularity pump
- Check if there is an efficiency mode available on the control system
- Check that the control panel shows not just the required temperature but also the actual water temperature
- Check that you can control the power of the hydrotherapy pumps
- Check that you can program the filtration cycles
- Always check the warranty details from both the supplier and the manufacturer, research both, if you can’t find information about them, then avoid them.
- Always check that the supplier has a professional service facility available.
- Check with the manufacturer that the supplier is an authorised dealer.